What is hosting?
Website hosting is, simply put, a collection of servers (either big or small) where website files are stored.
Why do I need hosting?
If you want to have a website, it needs a place to live on the web. You will need to pay one of the many web hosting providers to use space on their servers.
What do I look for in a good hosting company?
Just like any company you hire or buy services from, you want a hosting company that provides a quality product and top-notch customer service.
Look for a company that has your interests at heart, not just your wallet. Steer clear of companies who overload their servers or remote all their customer service from over seas. Also keep in mind that most of the popular web hosts are all owned by the same parent company.
Why should I choose InMotion?
- InMotion is a US-based company with ALL of their support located in the continental US.
- Their customer support and technical support are available 24/7, 365 days a year (even Christmas!) via phone, chat and email.
- They offer a variety of hosting plans to meet whatever demands your website has, including VPS and Dedicated Servers.
- They have a cap on all of their servers, so none of them get overloaded.
- 99.9% uptime.
- InMotion is a WordPress-optimized host, but they also support most all major website software and content management systems.
- Employee owned and operated.